Dear summer peaches, how do I love thee? Let me count one more way. These Spiced Peach Muffins from King Arthur Flour are heavenly. I needed a way to use my last 4-5 peaches, but we really couldn’t afford to eat even more baked goods this week. This recipe is something that is quick to put together and the muffins will freeze for up to 3 months, allowing you to keep enjoying that peach bounty until fall.
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups milk
4 peaches, diced (not peeled) For variety you can also use other diced fruit or berries, about 3 cups total
1/4 cup granulated sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two standard muffin pans; or line with muffin cups, greasing the cups.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the fruit.
- Heap the batter into the muffin pan; the cups will be very full. Sprinkle sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 24 to 26 minutes, or until they’re golden, risen high, and spring back when touched in the center. Note: Muffins baked without liners will bake and brown more quickly than those baked with liners.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool them on a rack. Store, well-wrapped, on the counter for 3 days; or freeze for up to 3 months.